Saturday, January 27, 2007

Photo Booth fun!







here are some pictures i took on photo booth, a program on our computer! kinda fun. the camera is actually in the computer at the top of the screen. there are pictures of the house right under here, and i may be posting some tomarrow too when we go look and see whats going on there! and i have been trying to figure out how much baby stuff costs, like average of what people spend on a baby, like us , assuming you dont already have baby stuff, and you need pretty much everything. feel free to leave an estimate of what you think it costs (crib, cloths, everything added up). oh by the way, i am 31 weeks along, i will be 32 weeks friday. The top picture is of my and Tyanna, audreys temporary foster baby, i was on the phone trying to fix our internet and she would not let me put her down... and the others are just some i just took for fun. so enjoy!

5 comments:

Mary Grace said...

number one- have a baby shower and THEN shop for baby stuff. number tow- i think it will cost upwards of a million dollars or so. i mean from cradle to grave.

Jerry and Maaret said...

hahaha... I agree with Mary, you should definately have the baby shower BEFORE you buy everything. Also, even after you get it all the kid will milk you for everything you're worth... and they get better at it the older they get! Good luck... I don't know exactly how much they cost... it's a LOT!

Michelle said...

Hey Cass,

Let's just say, it costs a lot more than you plan on. I'm no pro but this is what we've found that works. I'll give you a rough estimate of what we spend each month. Formula: $120-150 (you save big when you breastfeed!), diapers $50 (Pampers Swaddlers are great! Go expensive now then cheap later on because babies have lots of blowouts and it saves you on laundry) Clothes...look for out of season sales. Also, ask the ward if anyone has hand-me-downs. DI is great as well because when they are young. You'll get most of your clothes from showers. I still haven't had to buy any clothes for Brooklyn. :) crib: $350 for a quality one that turns into a bed later. bouncer: $20 (Brooklyn sleeps in hers still) swing: $50 Dreft laundry soap: $20 changing table: $200. The start up costs are the worst. If you can improvise then do it. We got some swingin deals so that helped. Ok, too long of a post. Call me with any questions. We've tried a lot of things that work/don't work. :)

Anonymous said...

Cass,
Whatever you spend, it will be worth it, trust me, I'm a doctor!!!
love dad--RWH

Anonymous said...

Cass: It cost a ton, so good luck! Do U remember when kortney was a baby and she had to be on the special formula it was a little can-- not the sam's club size and it cost $26 a can and it would last a week if we were lucky. As she got older it didn't last that long! Clothes E-bay all the way! You can get new with tag clothes on ebay for cheap! Name brand stuff Gap, gymboree, carters, ect... My mom sells gymboree clothes on E-bay! Call me if you have any questions! The furniture well good luck Sam and I worked at R.C. Willey at the time and got a HUGE discount!!!! I got a changing table and I would not do it again; just me! I think they are a waste of money. Good luck Cassie and Dan ;) Heidi Jacobson+