
So I have decided to become an Usborne Book Consultant! My neighbor does that, and I love their books after having a party, so I decided to do it! She says its a great extra income without feeling like its work, she said its something really fun. I really love books, so thats why I am doing it. I want the discount myself;) and so anybody who wants to support me let me know , you can have an online party, or one in person, like in your home. and as a host you can get free books!!! which i get excited about. they are so geared towards learning i love it...
Anyways, on another note. I have been thinking more and more about becoming a photographer for fun on the side. I do just love pictures, and taking great pictures. I think since I haven't been able to paint, the art side of me which is a huge part of me, is really finally seeing the art in pictures. When I was younger I never understood why people loved photography. I didn't know why it was considered like a "talent" or form of art, because you used a machine to make it. but now since having kids i feel so much differently. it is totally something you have to develop and work at. there are rules to that just as there are to drawing or painting, and they are dramatic and true, if you get them wrong, you can't hide it. you just have to start over. i like that sort of challenge. i think the books, and photography will be 2 things i can do to make some money, but not feel like i am working. because i've never had a desire to work or have a job. i have always wanted to spend my days with my kids and have a family. and books will help my kids learn to read and learn other things better, and photography. thats something i think i am starting to LOVE. i want to get a nice camera to start doing that soon so i can take pictures of my own family while they are small.
On another note. If you ever feel like you are not incredibly blessed and maybe need a reminder of how blessed you are, here is a great read- "When Faith Endures" by The Van Ngyen (pronounced Tay Van Win). What an amazing man of faith. It has to do with the fall of Saigon. He came to America for a breif time for some military training, and he said that when a man landed on the moon he would not have been more surprised by what he saw than when he saw the life americans live. (THANK YOU TO MY MILITARY FAMILY AND ALL MILITARY MEN AND WOMEN!). I can't imagine how heart breaking it would have been to see what Americans have, and know your family is back in Vietnam, with war closing in them, and probably not ever thinking they will have the life the average American lives without a second thought. Wow. it made me so grateful just to BE here in our country, and to live without hearing violent communist tanks rolling into town, with no way out, no where to go, nowhere to hide...anyways, thats my book review for you. such a good book.
And for this week, its $2 tues at thanksgiving point, so thats something we will probably hit this month, and still potty training. big step towards that today, Andrew actually TOLD me he needed to go potty, thats a FIRST. :) Abby has physical therapy for her neck wed....so thats the latest news from here. Also heard from mary, she got transferred back to the mountains, she is very happy about that, and she talks about how much she loves her mission and the gospel and how thankful she is to have the true gospel and be able to share it. it makes me so proud to hear her letters, i think it would be the most happy time in your life to just dedicate it to sharing the gospel, and seeing peoples lives change as they see things as they really are, and really will be, and actually realize that there is a true church out there, and there is a true and living Prophet on the earth, there can't be anything more valuable to know that this.










3 comments:
read that book by The Van Nuygen, several yrs ago, I was so touched by his ordeal of faith, it brought tears to my eyes, whole heartedly recommend it with two enthusiasic thumbs up, love the pics of the babes, thanks for sharing.
love dad---RWH
I think you are a great photographer, You have taken some really amazing pictures of your kids! You have an eye for it.
Your kiddies are darling! i wanna bite your baby! Love the baby bedding did you make it? the whole room is adorable! so fun! I wish we lived closer! good luck with the book thing!
Post a Comment